My friend and I decided that most people in the world don’t know how to properly execute a hug. And I don’t mean it in the context of greeting a friend or offering some fake sympathy or letting a friend cry on your shoulder, but a hug that says, “Hey, I care about you. And it’s nice to give/get ahug .”
So here are the guidelines:
1. It must last between 10 to 15 seconds
2. It has to be a full embrace/shoulder to shoulder (unless you don’t like the person)
3. Be relaxed, but don’t let your arms go limp
4. Guys, seriously, don’t get a boner. Especially if you’re hugging another guy
5. Embrace the moment as well
Not so hard, is it?
Now go forth and hug.